You probably already know that Adobe Lightroom presets are filters that save photographers and editors a lot of time. My guess is you bought one of our presets, and now you’re wondering how to install them? Right? Well here is a quick tutorial on how to install Lightroom Presets on mobile and on desktop!
How to install Lightroom Presets on mobile
- Unzip the files on desktop
- Save the presets (.dng files) from your desktop on a cloud storage (like dropbox)
- Access the files from your mobile phone
- Open the Lightroom Mobile CC App
- Click on the (...) Setting options in the top-right corner of the app.
- Choose “add photos” option
- Select the dng files
- Click on the newly imported file, then click on the three dots “(...)” setting options.
- Choose “Create Preset” from the menu that appears.
- Give your preset a name. We recommend to type the same name as we picked
- Do these same steps for each DNG/preset file.
How to install Lightroom Presets on desktop
Since Lightroom CC 2018, you can install Lightroom presets (xmp files) straight from the plus sign under the Presets dialogue when you are in the Develop Module in Lightroom.
However, if you’re using an older version of the software, you should follow the following steps.
- Open Lightroom
- Look for “Edit” (PC) or “Lightroom” (Mac) in your menu • Preferences • Presets
- Click on the box titled: Show Lightroom Presets Folder
- Double click on Lightroom
- Double click on Develop Presets
- Copy the folder(s) of your presets into the Develop Presets folder
- Restart Lightroom
That’s it! You have saved these presets! You can now apply them to any photograph you work on in the future.